Design of Serious Games 2014
Share This Page
The Institute of Informatics of Tallinn University and SEGAN together with iTec Project are providing a one-week course in designing serious games.
Serious games are games that are designed for a serious purpose and not only for entertainment (defense, education, scientific exploration, health care, emergency management, city planning, engineering, religion, politics, ect). SEGAN is a network whose goal is to promote the development and use of serious games. iTec is a project whose goal is to develop engaging learning scenarios. During this course we will introduce the iTec scenario: "Designing of Serious Games".
In teams, students will go through all activities needed for the development of the serious games from selecting the idea and binding it with learning goals to the development of the game prototype in the environment that does not require programming skills.
- Serious Games and Game Based Learning, Examples
- Game Design Process and Roles
- Finding the idea and defining goal for the serious game
- Gameplay: challenges and actions
- Game core mechanics: objects and conditions
- Design of game world
- Character design
- Interactive storytelling
- Game Development environments
- Game Development in eAdventure
- Game prototype presentation